background

Tuesday 27 August 2013

Flying visit to the UK.....


Today I am just about getting back into the swing of things after a flying visit to the UK to choose my outfit for my son's forthcoming Wedding. Can't wait to wear my huge Jacques Vert Hat!! I somehow think I'm going to need some space either side of me on the big day or somone will end up with a Black Eye!!
It was wonderful staying with family and spending time with my princess Granddaughter Erin who filled me in on all the correct family members' names of  Peppa Pig . I also learned how to play shop,spent time colouring, moulding cakes with Playdough & various other activities such as reading Mr.Men stories etc-it doesn't seem so long ago I was doing the same with my own son as a youngster-my how time flies!
I was pampered by Lisa who just so happens to be a hairdresser (very useful as a daughter-in-law!) and had my hair all spruced up ready for their big day in less than three weeks. It's amazing how wonderful a hair
makeover makes you feel when you walk out of the salon with a bounce in your step AND in your hair!
Erin kept saying...Nana your hair is BEAUTIFUL as she ran her fingers through it time and time again.....well at least she COULD run her fingers through it,it hasn't been that sleek for ages!
....and as fast as I was there for five days,it seemed I was beamed back to France and up with the Lark on Sunday morning straight back into the routine of searching for treasure.....YAWN

I really wonder sometimes why I do it....oh yes,I almost forgot-I LOVE it! I love the thrill of searching through boxes & finding beautiful things...or glancing past a table to see a real eyecatching object-whatever it may be.....
This Church Altar Crucifix was one such object..............
or these Bronzed Ormolu Curtain Pole Holders........
or this delightful little Limoges Hand Mirror nwhich opened up to reveal an Exquisite Powder Compact inside complete with Paris Powder Puff!
and then it's off to the next Brocante passing through wonderfully pretty villages along the way....
breathtaking first thing in a morning as the sun is rising and we feel like the only people around.......
I simply forget how tired I might have been when crawling out of bed...especially when John distracts me with a freshly baked pastry from one of the Patisseries en-route......
I'm really into Tarte au Citron at the moment but will have to be very strong & resist for the next few weeks or else I won't fit into my dress for the Wedding!

No comments:

Post a Comment