background

Tuesday 6 December 2011

Add some Sparkle to your Life!..............................


When I spotted these stunning Chandelier Wall Lights at one early morning Brocante a few months ago,emerging from under cover of Vintage Bedding & Textiles they'd been wrapped in for protection-I went into overdrive,-pouncing across a table that was being gently perused through by two elderly French Dames......I completely forgot my manners! My head was saying "GOTTA HAVE THOSE!" and everything else went out of the window so to speak. I have always despaired in the past at desperate people who dive into carboots before the poor owners have even had chance to steady themselves on their feet back in the UK,thinking it rude,unneccessary,and quite uncouth-yet here were these beautiful objects staring at me from beneath Shabby-Chic Textiles and I just couldn't stop myself. They were twinkling at me in the early morning sun and all I could think of was how utterly magnificent they would look on on some lucky person's wall who would appreciate them as much as me.Sometimes I hate this job because I can't bear to part with the stunning pieces we come across on our travels-but at least we get to keep and admire them for a short while........



On talking with the Vendor at great length later, he told us he and his wife had been to a Chateau Clearance sale in the Dordogne & his stall was brimming with wonderful textiles and Lace pieces as well as these gorgeous items,plus many heavy stone Garden Troughs & pots which of course are impossible for us to send due to excessive weight involved.These delightful wall-lights are currently on our Auction-site...so at least I can watch them sparkle for just another weekbefore I bid them farewell.........
..........they are much better than a Christmas Tree!!


No comments:

Post a Comment