background

Thursday 3 July 2014

This beautiful Country.............




Yesterday saw us travelling through the most picturesque of areas on the way to our Dog Training lessons with the gang......Montsoreau is a Stunning Riverside Village and on the list as one of the Plus Beaux Villages de France-it really IS Plus Beaux!...............breathtakingly so........


There are Chateaux everywhere in this beautiful region of the Pays de La Loire....


I would live to live here! But  then everywhere we go in France I see places I would love to live in....it really is such a Beautiful Country.....
Training went well again for Esto.......
he was introduced to the "sleeve" and got the hang of it almost immediately.......though I must admit I was glad it was the trainer having 45 kgs of dog lunging at his arm and not me-I would have gone down like skittles.........!!

one of our friends came with us this week with her brown female who has had some training before,so was much more advanced...but as you can see,they so enjoy themselves.......!

After training had finished it was lunchtime so we stopped at a beautiful rest area nearby......overlooking the amazing Abbey de Fontevraud.......where apparently you can follow the nocturnal wanderings of Nuns if you so wish on wednesday evenings......it is one of the largest Monasterial Complexes in Europe and quite stunning.......


Such wonderful peace and tranquilty watching the fields of gold swaying in the breeze whilst munching away on my bowl of chicken salad...sheer bliss!Oh and the bells tolled at dinnertime just for added effect which resounded across the valley...gorgeous..!
and so from there we rang some Vendor friends of ours in the Vienne and journeyed across to see what delights they'd been saving for us.We happened upon them at a Brocante at the weekend and they asked us to their home to view some treasures they'd put to one side for us as we'd gone to two other Brocantes before landing at our normal hunting ground on Sunday and missed some wonderful textiles by arriving moments too late...I spied some very desirable  items in the back of their van only to be informed I was too late and so started having screaming fits when they told me they were already sold!...(Ggrrrrrrrr!),so with that in mind they had invited us privately to their home for first choice of new stock-THAT's how I like it-BEFORE it even gets to the Brocantes! So inevitably I came away with a smile on my face........
and so I must get the camera working before it gets too hot to go out and photograph some more Treasures.....A Bientot!

No comments:

Post a Comment