background

Friday 29 June 2012

Back to the Grindstone.........................


This last week has been very emotionally draining-our beloved MIA,recently diagnosed with Lymphoma,took a turn for the worst after I'd left for the Airport to travel back to the UK for a week.........imagine my devastation when John phoned me at 6am the next morning to tell me she'd passed away. I spent 10 years with her,and to not be with her in her final moments-I don't need to tell any of you who are animal lovers what that has done to me......I am totally heartbroken.
BUT-Life goes on so they say....and a smiling ERIN my gorgeous Granddaughter was the wonderful tonic I needed to keep me going throughout the week,calling up old friends to help me clear my vast clutter in the Loft,Garage and House which was my home for 32 years. We had lots of laughter & tears about life past & present,fits of giggles and a little bit of swearing when things got stuck,went wrong or didn't work out but all in all quite a lot got sorted amongst us all.

When John and I first came here it had been a toss-up between a week's holiday in Whitby & Scarborough, or a week in France.The Chateau above won hands down when viewed on the Internet-and so our adventures started......I will NEVER forget my first impressions when we finally arrived after 11 and a half hours constant driving and our bags were taken up to our room and we were shown out into the garden for a refreshing cup of tea......

OMG!!It was stunning-it was a boiling hot day in July and we fell in love...and so began the French Romance....

 
We went home to England and booked the next available dates to come straight back!!

Even then we were mooching around the Brocantes...picking up interesting pieces which caught the eye-I have always loved Graphic Design.....I remember telling my teacher at Primary School I was going to be a Graphic designer when I grew up!!

And so whilst clearing the loft.....I came across these gorgeous Sheet Music items which I have brought back in my suitcase with me.....


and they are on our Auction-site now....what Fantastic Pictures these would make if framed.....


I am just about keeping my eyes open after a busy few days....so this weekend will be getting back into the groove & listing some wonderful goodies bought before I went away.So I bid you Au Revoir et Bon Weekend! Have a great one-see you soon! xx


No comments:

Post a Comment