background

Tuesday 28 August 2012

Still Sunny but comfortably Cooler!..........

 Sunday morning saw us setting off in a different direction for a Change-north to Chateneuil du Poitou, the first time we have been to this particular place.And what a Beautiful place it was too! It is always dark when we start out on our journey but we take our torches,nothing is more exciting as the Vendors start to unload........!

As the sun comes up everything starts to become coated with a golden glow,and by the time we have trotted back to the van a few times with our bags heaving, it is good morning Village, basked in  wonderful warm sunlight!Then you can actually appreciate your surrounding!


this was a particularly beautiful place.......


Everywhere bedecked in Floral decoration.......a wonderful little twisting & turning Suspended Bridge over the gently flowing River.....


I couls spend all morning taking Photographs....but of course there's work to be done so I have to get my skates on when his master's voice is bellowing "Come ON" from infront.....

 My favourite saying as I scurry behind clicking away is "I could live here!"....to which the reply usually comes back-"you could live in every village in France you"..........

Well there would be nothing wrong with that now would there?!
 I wouldn't mind these gates...........!
I'd love to buy things like this for my customers but I predict a slight problem sending them overseas.........

This is a pictoral walk for you all from the van to the actual Brocante-oh, it's a hard life........!

I wouldn't mind a night in this hotel.....

I love the sightseeing bit of my work-we couldn't park any closer so it was quite a walk,so as you can imagine,by the end of the morning we'd done quite a bit of exercise!We went round the Brocante at least four times just to make sure we hadn't missed anything and took our bags back to the van three times to save our arms-so as you can imagine-plenty of finds for your perusal over the coming weeks......and this was only the FIRST one of the day!
We go back home after a few hours to see to the dogs,wake them up,let them out for a run around the gardwn etc and one of us stays with them for an hour or so whilst the other goes on to the next Brocante we have lined up in our Rota for the day-it's like a Military operation!

Of course-we have to stop for Breakfast. along the way
there's never a shortage of freshly baked delights.......
 and the pleasant walk back to the van, passing all the folk who are just arriving ....

 Hope you liked the tour folks!

No comments:

Post a Comment